Sunday, August 9, 2009

Gone Shootin'

Yesterday, we packed up ol' Buttercup with the family and headed to the gun range. I'll be taking my CHL class in a few weeks, and needed some practice. Not being the best aimer (even at horseshoes), I was a little concerned with how I would do with the pistol.


However, much to my surprise (since it's been a LOOOOOOONNNNNGGGG time since I've shot a gun), I did fairly well. All my shots with the 9mm that I'll be qualifying with were well within the 8-ring. As Stu said-- "a perfect score."



(This isn't mine-- just an example to show where the "8 ring" is. It's faint, but there.)

Mike and Stu shot some-- seemed to enjoy themselves, and did well-- even with the big 44 Magnum. Dirty Harry can keep his gun, as far as I'm concerned-- well, Dirty Harry, Stu, and Mike. It's a bit much for me. Our friends Shawn and Kelly came out as well-- Shawn tried out the 44. I don't think he'd say no if anyone offered to hand it over to him...

Kelly did great--although she's still recovering from learning to shoot as a left-eye dominant while she's really a right-eye dominant. I was impressed! I'm looking forward to taking the CHL class with her and Laura. Shawn says we'll be the best defended 3rd grade hall in the state...

Connor and Chance had a *excuse me for the pun* chance to shoot, too.

Connor said he thought it was cool-- "First time shooting a pistol and I got 3 in the x."


Chance said, "I had fun, but I was kinda nervous. My legs were shaking I was so scared."



The best part of the day was on the way home, when Stu turned to me and said, "Nice job, Honey."


Today, the boys are off to play golf; perhaps I'll get a few things done for school.



Perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment